Saturday, January 12, 2008

Nova 10



Verbal Log: Nova Corps Operative 11249-443961
Rider. Richard:
LOG ENTRY 10/08: VORE

Okay. Put simply folks I'm in trouble. Really big trouble. Of course that's nothing new to me. I get into a lot of trouble all the times ever since I got these freaky powers but at the moment I'm in a "life and death" kinda situation; the worse kinda trouble there is...and just to make sure it got even worse my ex decides to show up outta blue.
I'd left Knowhere (big floating Celestial head at the edge of the Universe, really weird!) and Cosmo (good dog, hope to see him again one day soon, I hope) behind and headed out to Kvch; home of the Technarchy. I hope when I get there I'll find a way to get rid of this damm virus that's slowly taking me over. I'd made good progress when suddenly I found myself somewhere else...and I wasn't alone. I was with her. And she was as much suprised to see me as I was suprised to see her!
We'd gazed into each others eyes for about a mili-second; then the next thing we're at each other's throats! She's still Select and she's out for my blood! As she tries to stab me with her Godblade, I shout to her to remember the last thing that passed in her mind; we're both somewhere very strange and sureal and even I'm not sure how I got here. Maybe she knows but her bloodlust is warping her priorities. I summon a phased pulse and hold the energies at her throat as she's intent on stabbing me with that knife. I threaten to blast her head off and she tells me she was in the extradimensional vortex. She and Drax had caught up with me and they were about to take me on when we'd ended up here...but where the heck are we? I ask Worldmind but even he doesn't know; its too busy keeping the virus in check to perform a detailed scan of our surroundings.
So for now, I tell Gamora that it's best we work together. An uneasy truce at best. I don't trust her. She doesn't trust me. It'll do for now.
We come across another lifeform; a Voidnaut. It's injured, ensnared by the strange formations all around us. It's barely alive. Its vessel and the rest of its crew were also taken unexpetently. It's frightened. As I free it, Gamora senses danger. Then..
These things come at us in all directions, globs of multi-colored goo and protoplasm. They attack the Voidnaut. I try to help but Gamora stops me; the globs are eating it. The things turn towards us. I pick Gamora up; she angry and demands I put her down but I tell her what she'd prefer;staying alive or going the same way as the Voidnaut.
I put a good amount of distance between the globs and a very ungrateful Gamora pushes me away. She calls me a moron and shouts that she can take care of herself. Worldmind still doesn't know where we are. I need to stop and rest. The virus is stronger now and sapping my strength. Gamora senses it, knows it. She says I'd be better off just letting it consume me and become a Select once more but I push her away. I won't become a monster, not again! I tell I remember what she did, how she used that blade to kill poor Ko. Gamora isn't buying it. She isn't repentant, calls Ko worthless. She shouts back and tells me that if I was still Select I'd done the same. That's hurts a lot. Cause I know she's right.
I try and reason with her, tell her that's she's a warrior, not a killer; that the virus is making her a monster. But she looks away and tells me that she's always been a killer. Its in her blood, her nature. I then remember why I left her. The last days of the war I'd found out Kree soldiers loyal to House Fiyero were planning to betray the United Front. I'd asked her to interrogate the prisioners. Instead she killed them in cold blood. All one hundred and thirty nine of them. It made me sick. So sick I made sure that I kept as far away from her as I could. I'd lover her. I'd trusted her. And she told me that that I should never had trusted her, not one moment.
The things came back and we were on the run again.Worldmind implored that I should leave Gamora behind to die. Ain't my way. I saw this big swirling vortex ahead and not even hestiating, not knowing what dangers were on the other side, we both plunged into it. I now felt sick, mentally, physically. Even more weak. Gamora shouted at me that the virus was killing me.
If I only gave into it..I'd stay alive.
I won't.
She tells me I'm stubborn.
Got that right.
Then she tells me, tear in her eye that she too stayed away from me. She hated herself, hated the fact that she's a killer and that she loved me and didn't want me to die. I try to beleive her. I'm so farking confused. She tells me to give in. To stay alive. She begs me to. And then it's quiet.
Worldmind tells me that its figured out where we are. Inside a Vore; a transdimensional predator and that the globs are its unborn children. We're inside the mother's birthing canal and she's about to give birth. We're nothing but food, sustanace for her babies. I enclose myself and Gamora in a gravity bubble and we're thrown out of the Vore back into the interdimensional flux.
We both watch as the Vore gives birth.She tells me that we're safe She smiles. I can feel her blade behind my back and I stun her. As I hold her unconscious body in my hands I tell her quiety, sadly, that I never trusted her either. I find Drax and leave Gamora with her and head towards Kvch. Drax shouts my name; I don't think its the last time I'll see them. But I'm even in worse shape. The virus is out of control. I've got two hours left before the virus regains control of me or I die. I hope I can find a way out of this.. I really do....
END LOG ENTRY 10

No comments: