Friday, January 11, 2008

Quasar! Protector of the Universe!


Okay apart from Nova I do like a lot of other Marvel heroes so ocasionally I'll make a mention of my other favourites from time to time. First up is Wendell Vaughn aka Quasar. Presently the title of Quasar is in the hands of one Phyla Vell (cloned Daughter of Captain Mar-Vell..will be find out now that he's back from the dead..or hasn't died...hmmm time anomalies..don't you love to hate em?) whose appearing in Conquest alongside lover Moondragon (One Heather Douglas, Avenger, Defender, one evil Dragon of the Moon and was turned into a dragon before dying in Conquest 3) and Starlord. Wendell himself died in Annihilation Nova 4 at the hands of Annihilus; a Marvel death that has been one of the most talked about on-going arguments on many a message board, notably by the fans who run the Quantum Zone. I myself like both Phyla and Wendell so I'm strictly netural on this; boy it's tough keeping the Wendell/Vell supporters apart. They're like the Jets and Giants or Manchester United and City fans!
I first saw Wendell in his role as Head of Security at Project Pegasus in Marvel Two-In-One; a regular team-up book with the Fantastic Four's Thing in the 70/80's. After becoming one with the Universe thanks to cryptic entity Eon, Quasar was defined by Mark Gruenwald in an ongoing series which lasted 60 issues..a feat which I hope Nova will do! Wendell is a good guy doing good deeds aided by the powerful Quantum Bands. He has a very supportive fan base who last year joined in following Nova's own exploits since he "died". It's rumored that Wendell will make an appearence in the upcoming Nova Annual. I hope he does. Rich and Wendell would have worked well together! The Quantum Zone will be releasing their first zine at the end of the month from their website. I've contributed to it by supplying the above drawing. I hope it goes well. Look for it soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome pic of Wendell! Great blog!

nova3333 said...

Thanks Stingerman. Look forward to the zine when it comes out. Daz.